WordCamp Cincinnati is looking for speakers!
Application deadline has passed. Thanks for all the great submissions!
We invite you to share your expertise on all things WordPress – Topics of interest include:
- Building phenomenal WordPress Websites
- Leveraging WordPress Plugins
- WordPress Developer Secrets
- Analytics and WordPress
- Mobile WordPress Site Development
- Commerce via WordPress Websites
- Integrating Social Media into WordPress Sites
- Other ideas that help further community knowledge and enthusiasm for the WordPress platform are welcome.
*The deadline to apply is August 31st
If you’ve ever been to a WordCamp, you know how important and impactful they can be. Come and share your WordPress knowledge with our community!
We’re accepting full-length talks which should be around 30 mins with accompanying slides and a 10 min Q&A.
Please take a few minutes to read the notes below. They’re important.
A few things to keep in mind about presenting at WordCamp Cincinnati:
- Speakers at WordCamp Cincinnati aren’t compensated in any way except with fame, glory, the thanks of the WordCamp Cincinnati community, and a free dinner or two the weekend of Camp. Travel and/or hotel costs are not covered.
- Being a professional speaker is NOT required HOWEVER you do need to know what you are talking about, and the subject must be related to WordPress in some way. Subjects like front-end development, how to manage freelancing, social media, etc., will be accepted as long as you can talk in light of how they relate to WordPress. If your session is broad like that, please make sure you note your submission how your talk is relevant to WordPress.
- Your session is not to promote your own stuff… theme, plugin or business. If your session is to detail how you USED WordPress code to build some really great aspect of your theme, plugin or business, and you’d like to present that as a case study, awesome! Go ahead and submit your session. But…know that we’re not going to allow for a sales pitch at any point.
- You can submit multiple speaker submissions for different talks. However most speakers will only be allowed one talk per entire event, so submit your best.
- If you’d like to propose multiple topics, please submit the form multiple times, once for each topic.